Ok so long story short I've got plantar fasciitis in my left foot. I want to say that it is because of my shoes because I never had the problem until I went to Asics shoes.
My Dr has told me that I'm done for a month but I have a commitment to run a race this weekend and she has told me that since I don't listen (well) she will advise me to take Advil before the race.
My Dr has told me that I'm done for a month but I have a commitment to run a race this weekend and she has told me that since I don't listen (well) she will advise me to take Advil before the race.
When I hurt myself before my Triathlon in 2013 she was the one who told me that she wanted me to stop everything. No running, No cycling or anything because she found out that I have Osteoarthritis in my Left Knee from a previous Knee surgery from 11 years ago. I told her then I couldn't stop and I told her now I need to find a way to do this. So that said she wants me to get Orthotics and rest. She will be at the race on Sunday to run herself but she said she will make sure I am ok. This is why I love my Dr. This is why I am glad I have a Dr who is active in the lifestyle too.
In addition to the Orthotics she wants me to relearn to run. So this is going to be different and challenging to listen, learn and focus on something new. I've always been a heel strike kind of runner and that is the problem. Also being 300 pounds again isn't helping either, so there will be allot of track running (as it is padded and that is what she wants me to do), but there will be more cycling and swimming. But it is going to suck because I don't really want to run 5 or 21 km's on the track, but I have allot going on this year, but time will be the ultimate judge of what I will be doing.
No comments:
Post a Comment