I have had my problems with Alcoholism and Drugs. I have been homeless a few times in my young life. I have done things I am not proud of, but look to use it to share and inspire others. I speak what is on my mind and don’t take shit from no one anymore. I am a proud Métis person who is slowly learning about my culture. I hope to pass it on to my kids so they can grow up proud that our people (and family) who helped shape Canada to what it is. I have 6 beautiful children ranging from 4 to 13 years old. I am 33 and have battled with ADHD and Tourette syndrome for as long as I can remember.
I really hate when people ask me if I swear all the time. I look at them as say No I don’t Fucking swear all the time. Tourette’s is a disability that can be treated by medication but not cured. I hope that one day there will be a cure for it. My Tourette’s are not as bad as some people. My ticks are blinking allot, pausing when I speak, and sometimes vocal ticks and when I am stressed or nervous it comes out worse.
I have a very awesome and sexy wife who helped me sober up and showed me that there is more to life then getting High and Partying. It’s because of her that I am here. She has stuck with me in my darkest days and has taken me for me and not for what I have. She has always supported me and she was the one that pushed me to go back to school and finish my grade 12 and return to take a small business course to one day open my own bike repair shop.
In August 2013 I completed my first Triathlon EVER. I am training to now do a full IRONMAN in about 3 years. While I am doing my training I will be recording (video) my trials and tribulations for training, of being a dad, dealing with mental issues, family, school, and all around life in our house.
In 2013 my son was diganosed with T.S, ODD and ADHD. I know it is going to be a long road ahead so I started KeepTriing to inspire others with Mental disabilities that they can do it and to also help raise money for local and National charities ranging from Childrens Hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO) to Operation Come Home (OCH) and more.
In 2014 I will be participating in many races. I will be doing an six 5 km races, the 10 km Ottawa race weekend in May, an Olympic Triathlon in Aug and the Army Run Half Marathon in Sept. We will be selling t-shirts and a portion of the proceeds will be going to OCH to help homeless Youth not become homeless adults. From here on out we are just going to KeepTriing.
If you have any more questions feel free to just ask me.
In 2013 my son was diganosed with T.S, ODD and ADHD. I know it is going to be a long road ahead so I started KeepTriing to inspire others with Mental disabilities that they can do it and to also help raise money for local and National charities ranging from Childrens Hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO) to Operation Come Home (OCH) and more.
In 2014 I will be participating in many races. I will be doing an six 5 km races, the 10 km Ottawa race weekend in May, an Olympic Triathlon in Aug and the Army Run Half Marathon in Sept. We will be selling t-shirts and a portion of the proceeds will be going to OCH to help homeless Youth not become homeless adults. From here on out we are just going to KeepTriing.
If you have any more questions feel free to just ask me.
Wishing you all the best for your ventures in 2014.
ReplyDelete