- Get in shape
- Run a sub 30 5k
- Complete my sprint triathlon
- Ride a century
- Run more
- Eat less
- Be a better person
- Get my license
- Deal with my legal stuff
I didn't get my license but I did get my legal stuff worked out (for the most part) It took all year but I got it done, and now I can go get my license and not worry about losing it right away. I bike everywhere anyways so it is ok.
What are my resolutions for next year? Well first thing is I hate the word “Resolutions”. It is a goal there is no real difference between that other then the mental stigma that everyone will fail at their “resolutions”.
I have seen so many New Year’s Resolution posts going up all over social media sites as of late, and It got me really thinking (that can be scary at times, but this time it was good) about what I want to achieve in 2014. I wondered what I should make mine? Everyone I see is to get fit, lose weight, or to quit smoking.
I noticed that the majority of them are trying to do what they didn't last year. The problem is that people put some crazy limitations on their goal. Those who want to lose 140 pounds by summer to fit into that swimsuit are a bit far fetched.
If you were to say want to lose 140 pounds by June 1st (5 months) you would need to lose just over 6 pounds a week and that is not healthy. If you plan to try and drop large amounts of weight in a short period of time you need to talk to and be supervised by your Doctor.
I follow by the motto of “It took me 10 years to put it on it is not going to go away in a week.” I know that if I work at it my goals are achievable. I will not make promises to lose 6 pounds a week. It is Impossible to follow that plan for a long period o time and be healthy about it.
My
- Vlog more
- Read more
- Run more
- Swim more
- Bike more
- Train harder
- Train smarter
- Run a sub 30 5k
- Finish a half sub 2:20
- Lose weight properly
- Gym more
- Stress less
- Take a picture a day.
- Give back what I can
- Finish my upgrading
So in the New Year what are you going to do? What is your goal going to be? Are you going to reach them? If so do you have a plan? I want to hear it. Comment below so we can look back on this in 6 months.
I don't do resolutions. I intend to continue on the path I'm currently on and know I will make mistakes but learn from them. That's pretty much it. AND I will continue to NOT sugar-coat my progress on my blog. I feel like such a fake if I try to be chipper all the time! LOL!
ReplyDelete