Maybe it was the adrenaline, my Tourette's or my wanting to say I caught a Corvette but I set out to catch him. On the down slope I kicked it into high gear and almost had him at a red light. He got a green and a car got between us before I could catch him. He had a corner and I pushed hard and then the light turned green. When I approached the next set of lights and knew that the next set was red.
He gets half way down the road before he was stopped by traffic and I pulled into the other lane and apple bed and asked him why he deemed it necessary to honk at me and pass close by? He said that he honked to "let you know I was passing" I told him that is the worst idea to do. He asked why? I said
"You honk at a cyclist scare them or catch them off guard and they look back hit a pothole and fall, where are they going to end up? Under your car and than you're on the book for damages or death. If you want to let a cyclist know you're passing them, give them 3' and pass in the other lane."
He apologized and followed me for another 2 blocks and passed me and waved and yelled sorry again. Wasn't an asshole cyclist and followed the rules but was happy that he wasn't a hot head driver either. Please know that when you are out driving and you see a cyclist to give them enough room (3 feet in more provinces/states) for you to safely pass.
Thank You from Cyclists who follows the rules.
No comments:
Post a Comment