Google+ Keep Triing: Hypocrite

Friday, September 12, 2014

Hypocrite

As I sit here enjoying my coffee I can't help but think about that word. What does the word mean? Well we all use it. We are all one. We can't deny it. 


hypocrite

[hip-uh-krit]

noun


1. a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.


2. a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.


Why am I writing about this? Last night my sister posted via my nephews Facebook that she was in control and was sick of these kids sending him messages about drugs. Should kids do drugs? No. I agree with that. There was so many comments about how everyone was so sad and disappointed at him for his choices. Which I am also. But I never once said I was sad or mad or anything. 


So why am I mad about it? Because my family have all and most still do smoke pot, shit some have done harder shit too. I know I have and I learnt from it. You can't tell a kid not to do drugs when that's all the parents do. It's like telling that kid not to smoke cigarettes and light one up as you're telling them not to do it. You think because you hide in your room or smoke it out side in the backyard it makes it better? No kids still see, smell and know what it is. 


My kids know what hell I went through and as much as I'd love to smoke pot to help with my Tourette Syndrome I don't. And of I did I wouldn't hide out in my house and stink the place out. I'd got do it on a walk in the woods. Kids are kids but when they are seeing parents smoke they just want to be like them.  

Stop the hate and become a role model. 

No comments:

Post a Comment