Today after the Races they had a Potluck dinner for the crew. As I
got there they were cracking beers and celebrating a great year. I walked in
and the first thing someone does is crack a beer and hand it to me. I stood
there and I looked at it for a second and I walked up to the guy and said
Thanks but No thanks.
He looked at me and said "You don't
drink?"I explained to him that I am 225 days sober and that I have had a
hard time and as tempted as I am I would have to decline. He told me to go grab
a (soda) pop and I declined that too. I told him water for me thanks. Again he
questioned why I don't drink pop and I told him I'm 2 years no pop.
As we were sitting eating he looked across
the table and said to me, “Man you are a beast, I just heard that you are
running something crazy next week.” I told him about my race and my goals in
the near future and he was in shock. He then understood why I was saying no to
pop and the junk food.
Today I feel good that I was able to say No and enjoy myself with
everyone drinking. Now to focus on next weekend, My Race. Night everyone.

No comments:
Post a Comment