Google+ Keep Triing: Leadercast 2015

Friday, May 8, 2015

Leadercast 2015

Today when I was at #Leadercast2015 and while there one of the first speakers named Andy Stanley said something that stuck with me. He was talking about #Nehemiah and how his enemies would try to discourage him, kill his men and try to stop him from rebuilding the walls around his city. They tried everything and as a last straw they invited him to a meeting to talk and as he was on the ladder he turned around and he said

"I am doing great work and cannot come down."

Myself I didn't realize how much that meant until I got home and started to think about it. I've been told by so many that everything I want to do is never going to work. I was told that my efforts for the community cleanup were not going to work. This year it is 9 years strong. I was told that my plan to raise money for sick kids was not helping anyone but my own self. I never asked for recognition.

My efforts with the various events that I participate in are all about attention for me. I am not about that. I don't care to become a celebrity, but I care about the causes that I tirelessly work on. That is why I do what I do, and that is why when the haters knock, I have to turn and say "I am doing great work and cannot come down."

~ KT

No comments:

Post a Comment