Hi my name is Chris and I'm an alcoholic.
As fun as tonight was, when we went for dinner I was looking at the pitchers of beer. I knew I wanted one and it was hard to say No. I did because I need to keep strong and in the right mindset.
We go to at pool and I ask for an ice tea. That's all I drank tonight and they don't sell any. Ok my options are beer, beer, more beer, a small assortment of shots, or more beer. I ask if they have coffee? Nope. So I asked for water and went to play more pool.
Was it hard? Damn rights it was hard. My wife sat and drank all night and I didn't. Did I make the right choice? I sure as hell hope so. Am I going to regret it in the morning? NOPE.
I'm going to bed sober and not going to let my judgement be clouded by the feelings of booze.

Proud of you.
ReplyDeleteMy games robin and I am an addict.
Someday are harder than others to stay clean. Keep your head up . You did good. Let me know if you need to talk. As the saying goes. Any time day or night.