Google+ Keep Triing: Last night as Rough.

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Last night as Rough.

So I went to bed with the intentions of getting up at 4:30 and head to spin class. I was not feeling well both physically and mentally and when I went to bed I still felt off. My attitude was off and my wife saw it too.

So I went to bed and she came up a bit later and I was still awake. I rolled over and went to sleep. I started dreaming about class and how I was leading a group of Triathletes out on an open road 180 km ride. I was the main teacher working with people who wanted to Iron(we)men.

We were out riding and we stopped to get a drink and some breakfast and it turned into night and we were at a bar with the group and playing pool. I said to my friend that I need to get out of there and as I walked out the door some alarm went off. It was like I won a prize, so I stopped. I asked what was up and the owner of the bar said that I was their 1 millionth customer and that if I would take the special shot I could have my choice of $100,000 of cash or a car.

I needed the cash so I sat there. I called my dad and he said that a hundred grand is awesome but would throwing away 14 years of sobriety be worth the money? I called others who said that I could just do one shot and get away without any issues. I knew that was not true and I sat there.

The bartender poured me a shot. it was something like Fireball but intensified 100 times. I sat there I smelled it and it had to smell, i looked at it for what seemed hours and I took it and put it to my lips and just as I knocked it back I woke up.

I was sweating and knew I needed to think of something else. It was 2:30 in the morning. I couldn't get back to sleep until after 3 am and when I went back to sleep I was riding my bike hard and climbing a mountain chasing the leader for my first Ironman win, and I had the person I've missed the most with me. My little brother Lee. We were the power team to compete.

So needles to say I didn't get up fr spin class this morning as I couldn't get out of bed. That kind of turned out to be a good thing as I am working on the kids triathlon at the local YMCA and I needed to focus on that today. I am going to be volunteering my time there and maybe one day take over the IronKids/Tots programs and start to make my dream of working as a Triathlon coach come true.


No comments:

Post a Comment